1) Vegetable Parathas: Add pre cut vegetables such as Cabbage, Potato, Chow Pea, Fenugreek, Ginger, Garlic, Onion, etc; to Wheat / Jowar dough and roast the Parathas over a flat pan by adding a little oil / Ghee / Butter.
2) Fruit Salad: Cut and mix sweet fruits such as Papaya, Chikko, Banana, Apple, Dates, etc. Add thick buttermilk / sweet whipped curds. Do not add milk with custard powder, as is the general practice. A few Mint (Pudina) or Basil (Tulsi) leaves add flavor.
3) Potato skin soup: Wash clean 4 to 5 medium sized potatoes and scrap off the skin using a scraper. Boil the skin in water and strain out the thick soup. Add a little salt for taste.
4) Til (Sesame seed) chutney: Dry roast a bowl of Til (Sesame seeds) on a low flame till they splutter. Add roasted garlic 10 flakes, rock salt 1 Tsp and red chilly powder 1 Tsp or dry pepper for taste. Pound or dry grind it in a mixer.
5) Jawas (Flaxseed / Linseed) chutney: Flaxseeds are the best source of essential Omega 3 fatty acids and rich in antioxidants. Dry roast a bowl of Jawas (flaxseed) on a low flame till they splutter. Add a little dry coconut, roasted garlic 10 flakes, rock salt and red chilly powder 1 Tsp or dry pepper for taste. Pound or dry grind it in a mixer. One spoonful with every meal is a healthy addition to the diet. It can also be sprinkled over salad or sprouts.